Zitate-Sammlung

Um im Forum vielleicht erst einmal "warm" miteinander zu werden, ist hier der Bereich für lockeren Austausch über alles, was Euch so einfällt.

Zitate-Sammlung

Beitragvon callisto24 » Sa 7. Apr 2012, 20:52

Es gibt Berge fabelhafter Zitate, die sich mit dem Schreiben verbinden lassen oder direkt davon handeln. Hier findet Ihr einige, die mir besonders gefallen haben. Fühlt Euch frei zu ergänzen. :D
Bei manchen spürt man nur, dass man doch nicht allein ist. Andere bleiben einfach inspirierend, egal wie oft man sie hört oder liest. ;)

"Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."—Colleen Wainwright

If there's a book you really want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, then you must write it. ~ Toni Morrison

"If I don't write to empty my mind, I go mad. As to that regular, uninterrupted love of writing...I do not understand it. I feel it as a torture, which I must get rid of, but never as a pleasure. On the contrary, I think composition a great pain." -- Lord Byron

"Great works are performed not by strength but by perseverance."
~ Samuel Johnson

"If you are going through hell, keep going."
~ Winston Churchill

Writing is a socially acceptable form of schizophrenia. ~E.L. Doctorow

The two most engaging powers of an author are to make new things familiar and familiar things new. ~Samuel Johnson

"Being a writer is like having homework every night for the rest of your life."—Lawrence Kasdan

"All prosperity begins in the mind and is dependent only on the full use of our creative imagination."
-- Ruth Ross

'A good style should show no signs of effort. What is written should seem a happy accident.'
W. Somerset Maugham

All writers without exception are scared to death. Some simply hide
it better than others.
- Dick Simon (Verlag Simon & Schuster)

"Fantasy's hardly an escape from reality. It's a way of understanding it."—Lloyd Alexander

'When in doubt, have a man come through the door with a gun in his hand.'
Raymond Chandler

"All of us learn to write in the second grade. Most of us go on to greater things." -Bobby Knight

I write for the same reason I breathe, because if I didn't, I would die.
Isaac Asimov

"If my doctor told me I had only six minutes to live, I wouldn't brood. I’d type a little faster." - Isaac Asimov

"Attempt the impossible in order to improve yourwork." (Bette Davis)

Never look down on anybody unless you're helping him up. ~Jesse Jackson

"If the pictures in your words open gates, then you can reach your reader."--Anastasia Suen

As one person I cannot change the world, but I can change the world of one person. ~ Paul Shane Spear

"And by the way, everything in life is writable about if you have the outgoing guts to do it, and the imagination to improvise. The worst enemy to creativity is self-doubt." - Sylvia Plath

Among other things, you'll find that you're not the first person who was ever confused and frightened and even sickened by human behavior. You're by no means alone on that score, you'll be excited and stimulated to know. Many, many men have been just as troubled morally and spiritually as you are right now. Happily, some of them kept records of their troubles. You'll learn from them - if you want to. Just as someday, if you have something to offer, someone will learn something from you. It's a beautiful reciprocal arrangement. And it isn't education. It's history. It's poetry. - Mr Antolini

"An artist's only concern is to shoot for some kind of perfection, and on his own terms, not anyone else's." - JD Salinger (1919-2010)

“I don't exactly know what i mean by that, but I mean it.” J.D. Salinger

"Being an author is like being in charge of your own personal insane asylum." - Graycie Harmon

Being an author is having angels whisper in your ear - and devils, too.
~ Graycie Harmon

"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you." --Ray Bradbury

"Write without pay until somebody offers to pay." -Mark Twain

"If you can't annoy somebody, there's little point in writing." - Kingsley Amis

"No tears in the writer, no tears in the reader. No surprise for the writer, no surprise for the reader." - Robert Frost

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world." - Albert Einstein

"Quantity produces quality. If you write little,
you'll never have quality of idea or quality of
output." - Ray Bradbury

"All writers are vain, selfisch and lazy, and at the very bottom of their motives lies a mystery. Writing a book is a long, exhausting struggle, like a long bout of some painful illness.
One would never undertake such a thing if one were not driven by some demon whom one can neither resist nor understand." -
George Orwell

"It is impossible to discourage the real writers--they don't give a damn what you say, they're going to write." - Sinclair Lewis

Each one of us has a fire in our heart for something. It's our goal in life to find it and to keep it lit.~Retton

"Writing is the only thing that, when I do it, I don't
feel I should be doing something else." (Gloria
Steinem)

"If my family didn't want me to write about them, they
should've behaved better." (Anne Lamott)

'The good writing of any age has always been the product of someone's neurosis, and we'd have a mighty dull literature if all the writers that came along were a bunch of happy chuckleheads.' ~William Styron

'If you try to please audiences, uncritically accepting their tastes, it can only mean that you have no respect for them: that you simply want to collect their money.'
Andrei Tarkovsky

Thought is the wind, knowledge the sail, And mankind the vessel. ~August Hare

"Only those things are beautiful which are inspired by madness and written by reason." - Andre Gide

"A word is not the same with one writer as with another. One tears it from his guts. The other pulls it out of his overcoat pocket." ~Charles Peguy

'There are three difficulties in authorship: to write anything worth publishing, to find honest men to publish it - and to get sensible men to read it.'
Charles Caleb Cotton

'Have something to say, and say it as clearly as you can. That is the only secret.'
Matthew Arnold

'It is never too late to be what you might have been.'
George Elliot

'You can't say, I won't write today because that excuse will extend into several days, then several months, then… you are not a writer anymore, just someone who dreams about being a writer.'
Dorothy C. Fontana

'If the sex scene doesn't make you want to do it - whatever it is they're doing - it hasn't been written right.'
Sloan Wilson

'The best style is the style you don't notice.' ~Somerset Maugham

'Writing is a struggle against silence.' ~Carlos Fuentes

'What no wife of a writer can ever understand is that a writer is working when he's staring out of the window.' ~Burton Rascoe

"Family, friends, and society are the natural enemies
of the writer. In order to succeed, she must be alone,
uninterrupted, and slightly savage." (Jessamyn West)

'Coleridge was a drug addict. Poe was an alcoholic. Marlowe was killed by a man whom he was treacherously trying to stab. Pope took money to keep a woman's name out of a satire then wrote a piece so that she could still be recognized anyhow. Chatterton killed himself. Byron was accused of incest. Do you still want to a writer - and if so, why?'
Bennett Cerf

"One of the things I learned the hard way was that it doesn't pay to get discouraged. Keeping busy and making optimism a way of life can restore your faith in yourself."
-Lucille Ball

We spend January 1 walking through our lives, room by room, drawing up a list of work to be done, cracks to be patched. Maybe this year, to balance the list, we ought to walk through the rooms of our lives... not looking for flaws, but for potential.
- Ellen Goodman

And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom. ~Anais Nin

"There is a difference between a book of two hundred pages from the very beginning, and a book of two hundred pages which is the result of an original eight hundred pages. The six hundred are there. Only you don't see them."
-- Elie(zer) Wiesel

"Es tut dem Schriftsteller gut, sich nach dem Markte
zu richten. Er lernt so listig zu schreiben.
Geldverdienen ist ein schriftstellerischer Stimulans." (Friedrich Dürrenmatt)
'You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.'
Ray Bradbury
callisto24
AV-Mitglied

Re: Zitate-Sammlung

Beitragvon forumAdmin » Mi 11. Apr 2012, 12:21

Hey, liebe Callisto,
das ist ja ein Englisch-Crashkurs :D
Danke für! Wunderbare Zitate sind dabei!
Finde ich schön, sie hier zu sammeln!
forumAdmin

Beitragvon callisto24 » Mo 16. Apr 2012, 12:38

Freut mich sehr. :D
Hier habe ich noch welche, und sogar in der Übersetzung:

"Alles seit je. Nie etwas andres.
Immer versucht. Immer gescheitert. Einerlei.
Wieder versuchen. Wieder scheitern. Besser scheitern."

Samuel Beckett

Und

"Es ist besser, Ehrungen zu verdienen und nicht geehrt zu sein, als geehrt zu sein und es nicht zu verdienen."

Mark Twain
Ray Bradbury
callisto24
AV-Mitglied

Beitragvon Stef Jerz » Mo 30. Apr 2012, 06:03

:D Den Beckett, das "...besser scheitern." nehme ich mir mit in meinen Montag. Danke dafür!
Es gibt nichts Gutes, außer frau tut es! - frei nach Erich Kästner
Stef Jerz
Administrator

Beitragvon Frau Klein » Mo 30. Apr 2012, 11:32

Das hier sind meine Lieblinge von Twain (die ich auch immer wieder gerne verwende)

Der Unterschied zwischen dem richtigen Wort und dem beinahe richtigen ist derselbe Unterschied wie zwischen dem Blitz und einem Glühwürmchen.

Es bedarf deines Feindes und deines Freundes – in vereinten Werk -, um dich bis ins Mark zu verletzen: Erster verleumdet dich, letzterer überbringt dir die Nachricht.

Es ist ganz leicht, sich das Rauchen abzugewöhnen, ich habe es schon hundert Mal geschafft.

Mark Twain, Erzähler, 1835-1910
Frau Klein

Beitragvon callisto24 » Sa 12. Mai 2012, 22:37

:D Ja, den Beckett habe ich mir auch als Leitsatz gewählt. Genial.

Danke für den Twain. Fabelhaft. Da fällt mir auch noch eines von ihm ein:

„Schreiben ist leicht. Man muß nur die falschen Wörter weglassen.“
Mark Twain (1835-1910)

Und das hier fand ich auch gerade:

„Um gut schreiben zu können, muß man etwas Kühleres in den Adern haben als Blut.“
Truman Capote (1924-84), amerik. Schriftsteller

Fies. :mrgreen:
Ray Bradbury
callisto24
AV-Mitglied

Zurück zu Tee oder Café?